So the last few years, certainly the last 5 have been pretty intense for me, in that time I have had 7 jobs, moved to London and had relationship stress.
So it’s no wonder that I was continuously ill for 3 months at the end of last year/beginning of this year, my body just shut down. It wasn’t until I went to the doctor last month that they said it was burnout possibly depression, I had all the tell-tale signs of it:
- Chronic fatigue – I could sleep 12 hours and still be tired
- Increased illness – I just got one thing after another, and having been on antibiotics as well, I couldn’t fight anything off
- Anger/Irritability – I feel sorry for my housemate at the time, even leaving a spoon in the sink was enough to irritate, just wasn’t me at all.
- Anxiety – I think this made me a bit clingy, and I am not a clingy person, I like my space and own company generally, typical INFJ.
- Weight – just dropped off me.
This was compounded by the fact I am not great at talking about how I feel, I always try to deal with things internally, which does not work, clearly.
So how did I get over it? Well, my job situation is now stable and has been for a while, I am also waiting for an appointment for cognitive behaviour treatment, this will help me deal with stressful situations better, and hopefully learn to be a bit more open and less closed off.
And, finally, I had my wisdom tooth out, meaning I had to stay off work for a week (especially with the sedative) and I slept so well, and really properly rested, I don’t think I have had any proper rest for over a year (and I haven’t had a holiday in 8 years but save that tiny violin for another time).
This week, I have felt more myself than I have in about 9-10 months, so apologies to anyone I have come into contact with during that time, I wasn’t me.